- This event has passed.
Verbal De-Escalation & Crisis Communication
February 17, 2020 | Houston Area, TX $195
The ability to organize your thinking and calmly respond can help you avoid a potential crisis. Every year, around 1000 people are shot and killed by police. Five hundred of them wielded a gun while the rest of them held knives, toy weapons, or no weapons at all. Join us to learn how de-escalation communication skills can defuse those situations and lead to more successful resolutions.
- Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Leverage verbal and non-verbal approaches to improve service outcomes
- Consider and apply techniques when facing those who are emotionally charged or suffering from some form of crisis
- Demonstrate active listening skills, to best communicate and empathize with those suffering from short and long-term crisis
- Is this training for you?