- This event has passed.
Protecting Children in a Digital Age
June 16, 2020 | Concord, CA | Classroom
Learn about the technology that our youth are using and the role that it plays in their lives to create better understanding and open up meaningful communication. Increase awareness of opportunities to protect and connect with children while also gathering valuable information to mitigate threats posed by individuals who seek to exploit them.
This day-long seminar is designed to educate a broad range of disciplines responsible for conducting investigations and safeguarding youth. It is open to members of law enforcement, child protection teams, school officials, social workers, counselors, educators, community leaders, and staff members for programs that serve youth.Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of technology used by children and teens, including devices and apps
- Recognize the differences between the digital age and the world that adults experienced while growing up
- Focus on a proactive approach to digital safety that includes communication, setting guidelines, and digital citizenship training
- Understand the most common online issues that children and teens are likely to face such as cyberbullying, “sexting,” and online predators
- Address the legal aspects of all of these topics and learn how to address each of these issues with best practices
- Understand our role in helping victims navigate trauma after the incident has occurred, and learn what resources are available for you to aid in this process
- Is this training for you?