- This event has passed.
Practice What You Preach 2021
July 8 @ 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
The University of Kentucky Center on Trauma and Children will be hosting a free training on “Practice What You Preach” (PWYP). Using the PRACTICE principles from TF-CBT, PWYP employs a self-care focus in which trainees personally utilize the coping skills they teach their clients. At the conclusion of the training, attendees will be able to use PWYP principles in their workplaces, and spread the intervention in their organization through the “Practice Makes Perfect” process. This training will be led by Esther Deblinger, PhD, and Elisabeth Polio, PhD. This project is funded by a grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration #1H79SM082826 (Sprang, PI).
This is an interest form
Complete the form below to express your interest in this training opportunity. It is highly likely that more people will express interest than the training can accommodate. Once the period for expressing interest closes, we will notify those expressing interest in regards to being invited to attend this round of training, or if this round of training is full. Those who are not invited will be notified of additional training opportunities for this topic when another training is scheduled.
Eligibility for participation:
- This training is for therapists who have received previous formal training in TF-CBT (i.e. not solely the online TF-CBT web-based training, but rather through a certified trainer).
- Space is limited.
- We are requesting 2 participants per organization (no more, no less).
- For more information, contact Alex Clark at Alex-Clark@uky.edu
- Thursday, 7/8/2021 1:30pm ET to 3:00pm ET
- Thursday 7/15/2021 1:30pm ET to 2:30pm ET
- Thursday, 7/22/2021 1:30pm ET to 2:30pm ET
- Thursday, 7/29/2021 1:30pm ET to 2:30pm ET
- Thursday, 8/5/2021 1:30pm ET to 2:30pm ET
- Thursday, 8/12/2021 1:30pm ET to 2:30pm ET