- This event has passed.
Improving Employment Opportunities through Collaborations: Best Practices
January 12 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
January 12, 2022, 1pm-2pm EST
To address challenges survivors of trafficking face in accessing and maintaining quality and safe employment, establishing partnerships between victim services and the workforce development system can help build staff capacity, mitigate obstacles, and close service gaps. These two fields provide unique and complementary skillsets that can help survivors gain knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their job and career goals. To help build strong and mutually beneficial collaborations between victim service agencies and workforce development programs, Futures Without Violence has developed an interactive guide to demonstrate why these collaborations are fundamental to survivor safety, economic stability, and healing and how to build successful partnerships. This webinar will introduce the guide and the various components of collaboration from partnership development, to types of partnership models, to foundational collaboration principles, and securing long-term funding.
- As a result of this webinar learners will be better able to:
- Describe key aspects of successful collaborations;
- Identify and assess potential partners; and,
- Apply best practices to partnership development
- Carolyne Ouya, Senior Training and Technical Assistant Specialist, Futures Without Violence
- Rebecca Del Rossi, Program Consultant