- This event has passed.
Human Trafficking Training for Mental Health Professionals- 101
Focuses on foundational knowledge and awareness of human trafficking.
-Clearly define state and federal definitions of human trafficking (sex and labor) of adults and minors
– Understand mandated reporting requirements of minor trafficking victims.
– Ability to connect victims to child welfare agencies and other appropriate local resoucr3es.
– Recognize risk factors, which make children and youth vulnerable to trafficking.
– Understand the signs/red flags of trafficking(sex and labor)
– Working with victims using a trauma-informed approach
– Recognize potential challenges in working with trafficking victims
– Understanding victimization/survivor perspective embedded or part of training
– Understand where trafficking is happening
– Appropriate steps that can be taken if human trafficking is suspected
– Identify best practices related to human trafficking and determine how practices direct procedure