- This event has passed.
Adverse Childhood Experiences & Comprehensive Trauma-Informed Care Training – Virtual
December 2, 2020 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Date And Time
Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM CST
Wed, Dec 2, 2020, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM CST – Must attend both days.
Studies have shown that adverse childhood experiences and traumatic events can have a lasting, negative impact on a person’s health and well-being. This training is designed to help you develop the unique skills needed to support individuals who have experienced adverse childhood experiences and traumatic events.
Part of an organization?
We understand that changing the environment and implementing policies on Trauma Informed Care can be a difficult task. By sending a team to this training, your organization will have the benefit of multiple professionals receiving expert knowledge to bring back to your agency. We believe this is instrumental to agency change, therefore we are offering one FREE registration for every three registrations purchased.
What participants told us they learned:
- TIC is a philosophical shift and not a diagnosis for PTSD
- ACEs are prevalent across all economic levels
- Trauma manifests into different behaviors than expected
- Teachers should teach as if all students have ACE scores
This training is designed for professionals who work with children and families, including educators and administrators, childcare providers, law enforcement, youth-serving organizations, health and human service providers, faith-based organizations, healthcare and victim advocates.
- Increase awareness of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and impact on well-being.
- Explain the physiological effect of trauma on the brain.
- Improve knowledge on ACEs, Trauma, and Trauma-Informed Care.
- Describe Trauma-Informed Care and its impact on your work.
- Generate actionable ideas for applying knowledge to your work with youth and adults.
- Enhance the community’s ability to prevent and respond to trauma.