13th Annual Mid-Atlantic Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect
The Mid-Atlantic Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect is the premiere conference in Maryland that brings together professionals working in the investigation, prosecution, and treatment in child abuse cases.
The conference offers multidisciplinary workshops presented by nationally-recognized experts from all facets of the child maltreatment field. These workshops are aimed at prosecutors, law enforcement, doctors, child protective service workers, and mental health professionals. Conference attendees will receive expert instruction, the latest research and information, and opportunities to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge while networking with colleagues in the field. Continuing Education Credits are available.
The conference was held on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 – Friday, November 18th, 2016 @ the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort. If you have any questions about next year’s conference please email us or call us at 443-923-7003.
Handouts from Speakers / Conference Schedule
Please click on the titles below to see associated PDF of presentation.
Wednesday, November 16th
- Trauma and Family Responsive Approach to Treatment for Toddlers and Preschool-Aged Children – Kay Connors, LCSW-C
- How Mainstream Pornography is Affecting our Youth and how Baltimore County Child Adcovacy Center is Therapeutically Tacklying This Issue – Krista Trahan, LCSW-C & Sannie Davis, LCSW-C
- Preventing Sex Trafficking: Federal, State, and Local Efforts – Melissa Rock
- Preparing for the New NCA Standards on Mental Health Assessment: Best Practices and Training – Jeff Wherry, Ph.D., ABPP
Thursday, November 17th
Friday, November 18th
- Child Death / Homicide Investigations – Chief Jim Holler
- The National Children’s Alliance Standards for Accreditation – Karen Hangartner
- SAMPLE Information and Contact Inventory Form – Karen Hangartner
- Important Considerations for CAC Boards in Making Executive Director Hiring Decisions – Karen Hangartner
- Community Assessment Template – Karen Hangartner
- SAMPLE CAC Succession Plan – Karen Hangartner
- Vicarious Trauma Plan Guide – Karen Hangartner